[Nagiosplug-devel] check_rta (aka check_icmp 0.9)

Joe Rhett jrhett at meer.net
Wed Jan 26 16:00:00 CET 2005

On Tue, Jan 25, 2005 at 10:42:27AM +0100, Andreas Ericsson wrote:
> Those who have been kind enough to try the check_rta/(new)check_icmp
> should have a look at https://devel.op5.se/oss (oss.op5.se is down due
> to isp problems, I will arrange for mirroring when it goes back up so
> both locations should work properly from now on), where you will find
> the latest version available. It should build properly on linux, *bsd
> and solaris now, although I have only tested linux.

It builds and appears to run on FreeBSD, but it doesn't actually generate
the icmp packets.

ardbeg3:[1012] ./check_rta www.google.com
www.google.com: rta nan, lost 100%|rta=0.000ms;200;500;0; pl=100%;40;80;;
ardbeg3:[1013] ./check_rta -H www.google.com
www.google.com: rta nan, lost 100%|rta=0.000ms;200;500;0; pl=100%;40;80;;
ardbeg3:[1016] ./check_rta -H www.google.com -w 1000,50% -c 2000,80% -p 5
www.google.com: rta nan, lost 100%|rta=0.000ms;1000;2000;0; pl=100%;50;80;;

Running it as root produces a core dump.

--
Joe Rhett
Senior Geek