[Nagiosplug-devel] check_rta (next check_icmp) + public key

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Sat Jan 29 15:28:50 CET 2005

Finished. :) check_icmp-1.0 is now available, and check_rta is
officially dropped.

I've started using the new check_icmp in production in our own system to
get a proper evaluation of it. So far so good.

It compiles silently and cleanly with all possible warning-flags enabled
on Linux (Owl 1.1 and current, Debian 3.0, Fedora Core 3, RedHat 7.2,
SuSE 9.0), FreeBSD 5.2.1, NetBSD 1.6, Tru64 Unix 5.1b and HP-UX (11i v2
and 11i 11.11).

All the above had a decently fresh version of gcc installed, except
Linux Owl, which was gcc 2.95.3.

Under Tru64 Unix 4.0g it compiles with warnings for %llu printf format
strings (for certain debug strings).

According to reports it also compiles nicely under solaris 2.9.

I only have root access to linux systems right now, so I haven't been
able to run very many tests, but timings are completely consistent with
system ping and all the features and logic works as expected.

It's available at;
http://oss.op5.se/nagios/check_icmp-1.0.tar.gz
http://devel.op5.se/oss/check_icmp-1.0.tar.gz

I'll also upload the source file to the SF tracker page.

Cheers

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se
Lead Developer