[Nagiosplug-devel] Weird 'No output' problem with new plugin

Gavin Carr gavin at openfusion.com.au
Tue Jul 19 04:09:16 CEST 2005

Hi Gary,

On Tue, Jul 19, 2005 at 10:42:30AM +0200, Gary Wall wrote:
> If your plugin is not using strict.pm, and you're running nagios
>  with
>
> an embedded perl interpreter, its likely that its not working because
>
> its failing to abide my strict. I had this issue in the past. If
>  so,
>
> just 'use strict;' in your script and make it work from the command
>
> line, then try it with nagios again.

Thanks for the suggestion. I am using both 'strict' and warnings, and
it's working fine from the command line. How do I tell if nagios has
got an embedded interpreter? (I'm using the DAG packages, so haven't
built it myself). This is version 1.2, btw.

Any other suggestions anyone? I'm really just baffled about how to
troubleshoot further. Is there any way of turning up the verbosity of
the logging nagios does or something?

Cheers,
Gavin