[Nagiosplug-devel] additional function for check_disk [Virus checked]

Matthias.Eble at kaufland.de Matthias.Eble at kaufland.de
Wed Jun 1 07:08:03 CEST 2005

nagiosplug-devel-admin at lists.sourceforge.net schrieb am 17.05.2005
19:52:09:

> Matthias.Eble at kaufland.de wrote:
> > Hi list,
> >
> >  at the moment, check_disk returns a state != STATE_OK if any of the
> > monitored filesystems has less than -w or -c freespace.
> >
> > In our case, this doesn't meet our needs, since our Oracle databases
use
> > more than just one filesystem to store their data.
> > So if there are n data-volumes available, it doesn't matter if one or
n-1
> > volumes get filled 100% as long as one volume remains beyond
> > the warning level.
> >
> > I've got three approaches for solve this problem.
> >
> > First:
> > Introduce an option like -g (--group) followed by a
comma_seperated_list
> > of partitions/lvols/mountpoints which are to group.
> >

> Probably the cleanest solution, or possibly to add check_disk_group as
> its own command.

So after analyzing the code of check_disk it looks like it would be the
best way
to add two values to the mount_entry struct in mountlist.h:
 State (STATE_OK,..)
 gid   (group id)

I couldn't find any file (except check_disk.c) which uses the mount_entry
struct,
so I like to know if a change like this matches nagiosplug's coding rules.
I'm in doubt because it's located in the lib directory.

Please be lenient toward me since this is my first contribution.. :)