[Nagiosplug-devel] np_runcmd framework

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Fri Jun 10 06:24:15 CEST 2005

Ahoy.

I've completed the np_runcmd framework and tested it on Linux (FC3 and
Owl-current) and FreeBSD. It seems to work splendidly, providing a
slight speedup for some things and quite a bit smaller code.

Also included in this patch is a major cleanup and overhaul for
check_hpjd. I haven't been able to test it as I don't have a hpjd
printer, but the theory behind it is sound and I'm confident it will
work as expected. It reduces the LOC count by about 100 lines (25%) and
uses more portable and easier to parse snmpget syntax.

As I don't have cvs commit access I was forced to fork this off into a
repository of my own (hence all the $Id: $ updates in the diff). I will
keep working on that repository and see what possibilities there are for
backsyncing with the official project. Sorry about that, but my
work-description includes fixing and improving on the plugins and the
number of patches I had to keep track of quickly turned out to be
unmanagable without an SCM where I could commit things occasionally.

I'll add this to the tracker as well (*sigh*).

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se
Lead Developer