[Nagiosplug-devel] [ nagiosplug-Patches-1218232 ] np_runcmd framework

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Fri Jun 10 06:50:22 CEST 2005

You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=397599&aid=1218232&group_id=29880

not just the latest update.
Category: Enhancement
Group: None

Initial Comment:
Ahoy.

I've completed the np_runcmd framework and tested it on
Linux (FC3 and Owl-current) and FreeBSD. It seems to
work splendidly, providing a slight speedup for some
things and quite a bit smaller code.

Also included in this patch is a major cleanup and
overhaul for check_hpjd. I haven't been able to test it
as I don't have a hpjd printer, but the theory behind
it is sound and I'm confident it will work as expected.
It reduces the LOC count by about 100 lines (25%) and
uses more portable and easier to parse snmpget syntax.

As I don't have cvs commit access I was forced to fork
this off into a repository of my own (hence all the
$Id: $ updates in the diff). I will keep working on
that repository and see what possibilities there are
for backsyncing with the official project. Sorry about
that, but my work-description includes fixing and
improving on the plugins and the number of patches I
had to keep track of quickly turned out to be
unmanagable without an SCM where I could commit things
occasionally.

This was also submitted to the nagiosplug-devel list.