[Nagiosplug-devel] Check_smtp plug-in suggestion

Goli, Matt Matt.Goli at fwpubs.com
Thu Jun 23 19:18:12 CEST 2005

I am currently using version 1.9.2.2 of the check_smtp plug-in, and I
would like to request that the plug-in have an option for sending the
SMTP command "STARTTLS" prior to sending the "MAIL FROM:" command to the
SMTP server.  With our Exchange 2003 SMTP server, it causes an Event Log
entry to occur every time the check is run against the Exchange SMTP
server.

Event log entry from Windows 2003, Exchange 2003 SMTP Server:

Event Type:	Error
Event Source:	MSExchangeTransport
Event Category:	SMTP Protocol
Event ID:	7010