[Nagiosplug-devel] Working on testcases

Ton Voon ton.voon at altinity.com
Thu Nov 3 07:15:44 CET 2005

Hi!

I've been setting up a tinderbox server and I should be in a position
to make it publicly available by end of next week. This means that
the testcases are going to get more important, so I'm just fixing
some of them at the moment.

Question on invalid hostnames:

- if a server does not exist, it looks like check_tcp uses usage2 to
alert the error. This returns a status of UNKNOWN. The tests
currently check for CRITICAL. Which should it be? The plugin
documentation says UNKNOWN is: "Invalid command line arguments were
supplied to the plugin or the plugin was unable to check the status
of the given hosts/service", which does suggest hostname invalid, but
then I'm worried that Nagios needs to be specifically configured to
alert on unknown states.

Any thoughts?

Ton

http://www.altinity.com