[Nagiosplug-devel] dig/nslookup wait() problems - RedHat support responses # Part 3 - FIXED and SOLVED

srunschke at abit.de srunschke at abit.de
Wed Nov 9 00:33:32 CET 2005

Greetings again,

My workout with RedHat finally succeeded and they were able to pinpoint
the
bug and fixed it! I haven't read the changelogs yet - so I can't say for
sure
what the reason was.

The hotfixed kernel is currently still under internal testing of redhat,
but
if you have an active subscription to RHN you can request that version
via support. The kernel to request is: hotfix-kernel-2.6.9-22.12.EL
I am not sure if there is a hotfixed version for FC available.

I expect the kernel to become publicly available within the next 2-4 weeks
most likely as redhat does not really consider it a harmful issue.

regards
        Sascha

PS: Please do not request to give you a download link for the kernel or
to have me upload it somewhere - I won't do so. I received this internal
testing kernel solely because we are paying for their support.

Sascha Runschke
Netzwerk Administration
IT-Services

ABIT AG