[Nagiosplug-devel] [ nagiosplug-Patches-995761 ] check_disk to include inode percentage.

sean finney seanius at seanius.net
Wed Nov 23 06:29:18 CET 2005

getting back around to this,

On Wed, Nov 02, 2005 at 10:14:01AM +0100, Andreas Ericsson wrote:
> -W is protected by posix for "implementation specific purposes". Some
> implementations make -W fud equal -f -u -d, and some just makes it
> ignore warnings for unrecognized options.

finally found the right google incantation to bring up the posix
reference.  it is reserved for "vendor extensions", which is somewhat
ambiguous but i agree that we shouldn't use it.

looking for examples of "vendor"s implementing -W, i find that the
latest LSB spec states that -W will pass all (colon seperated) arguments
seperately as long options, for example, i have no idea about
others.

> If we're going to use it we should force our own getopt library code to
> be used, like gcc does.

we should either remove references to -W in all plugins or do this, yes.

however, in this specific case (check_disk, inodes) i think a more
optimal solution would be to provide another cmdline option to specify
to check pct/amount/inodes/foo used/free.

	sean