[Nagiosplug-devel] check_dns: DNS WARNING - nslookup returned error status

Ton Voon ton.voon at altinity.com
Fri Nov 25 02:32:10 CET 2005

On 24 Nov 2005, at 17:43, Emanuele Cisbani wrote:

> I dont know why, but the following bash script work fine.

Emanuele,

Thanks for your report. The problem was in the signal handling of
nslookup/dig when called from popen in the C version of check_dns.
Bash may handle external calls in a different way.

As we've patched this in the 1.4.2 release and Sacha has raised this
to Red Hat and has been fixed in the kernel, I think this thread can
be closed.

Ton

http://www.altinity.com
T: +44 (0)870 787 9243