[Nagiosplug-devel] check_http feature for clustered web server

Aurimas Mikalauskas aurimas.m at interdata.lt
Mon Oct 3 01:29:45 CEST 2005

Hello,

I'm missing one feature in check_http nagios plugin that would help
monitoring different virtual hosts on clustered web servers. The
situtation is simple:

I have two virtual hosts www.first-host.com and www.second-host.com
both round-robin resolving to 10.0.0.1, 10.0.0.2 and 10.0.0.3.

I want to check each virtualhost on each cluster. If I do
  ./check_http -H www.first-host.com

then it will likely round-robin each check to a differend cluster and
most likely at least one of them will be alive and return correct
data.

If I do "./check_http -I 10.0.0.1" then I will be able to check only
the first virtual host.

If you added one more variable that is the virtual host (even if I use
-I 10.0.0.1) somewhere near 824 line after the "Host: ", the plugin
would be much closer to perfetct. On the other hand, you could simply
expand the <uri> variable so it could be used as "http://virtualhost/uri".

Thank you in advance for your good work!

P.S. I'm not on the list.