[Nagiosplug-devel] update for nagios-plugins and debian

Ton Voon ton.voon at altinity.com
Thu Oct 13 04:23:44 CEST 2005

On 13 Oct 2005, at 11:45, sean finney wrote:

> note that this is not intended to be an alternate development tree
> to nagios, but more like a tree of the "debian-refined" changes
> made to the plugins.  also, it will include patches for bugfixes etc
> from cvs HEAD here in between releases, and also serve as another
> source for bugreports, which will result in fixes coming back this
> way.

Sean,

Cool - good to see lots of work happening on the plugins. Bit
concerned about the huge list of bugs (!)

My angle is that, obviously, I would like bugfixes to come back
upstream. Let me know if there is anything I can do to facilitate this.

I'm also interested in how you are marking differences between trees.
For Altinity, there are some fixes that we need to apply, but
anything that is generally useful I apply to the main SF tree at the
same time. I store on our local CVS server the tar.gz distribution
and then apply patch files in our custom Makefile. This way I know
all the changes from our code to the released file. The idea is I can
just replace the released file with a newer version, run a make and
during the patch process it should tell me all the things that have
already been fixed (or that I may need to amend a patch for).

I notice you are using an actual "exploded" CVS tree. Does your
method work well when syncing trees?

Ton

http://www.altinity.com
T: +44 (0)870 787 9243