[Nagiosplug-devel] trying out gnutls

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Sun Oct 23 05:29:27 CEST 2005

sean finney wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 21, 2005 at 03:16:31PM +0200, Andreas Ericsson wrote:
>
>>While you're at it, how about tucking it in a separate file
>>(sslutils.c)? Otherwise all networking non-ssl plugins will have to be
>>linked to the ssl libraries anyways, or the linker will complain.
>

> even though they don't reference any ssl symbols?  i didn't see this on
> my system, though i guess i could see it happening on other (non-gcc?)
> systems.  anyway, it's reasonable enough that it ought to be done
> anyways.  i'll be including this along with another commit in a few
> minutes.
>
> btw, does anyone know if we actually need the "uname -p" call
> in configure?  on my linux systems there is no "-p" flag.  i know
> on solaris it's the "architecture instruction set" or something like
> that, but are we even using it?

Not likely. I know heavily optimized code (mplayer, vlcplayer, glibc)
sometimes take shortcuts through specific assembly instructions, but I
see no real reason for such extreme optimization in the plugins. That
information is also (usually) available through preprocessor macros.

http://predef.sourceforge.net for more info on preprocessor macros.

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se