[Nagiosplug-devel] [ nagiosplug-Bugs-1314503 ] nagios cant check local sockets

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Sat Oct 29 08:44:58 CEST 2005

Bugs item #1314503, was opened at 2005-10-06 01:33
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by seanius
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=397597&aid=1314503&group_id=29880

not just the latest update.
Category: General plugin execution
Group: None

Initial Comment:
Hi. It is not a bug, its a feture request but i sent
patch MANY month ago and i still have no any reaction
on it :( It is still open. Some users use it (they
wrote me mail) but i dont know why it is not included
in the sources :(

Bug itself is that check_tcp (and it childs) cant check
services on local sockets. I am sure that many services
which dont need to communicate with external world have
only local socket connectors, e.g. clamav antivirus, or
local SQL server, etc.

The patch (newdiff file) is located on
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1145413&group_id=29880&atid=397599
I used on my servers and it seems to work fine. I hope
to see it in later releases or explanation why this
cannot be done.

With best regards, Alex Samorukov

Comment By: M. Sean Finney (seanius)