[Nagiosplug-devel] check_dns: DNS WARNING - nslookup returned error status

sean finney seanius at seanius.net
Fri Sep 2 03:55:17 CEST 2005

hi dag,

On Thu, Sep 01, 2005 at 08:40:33PM +0200, Dag Wieers wrote:
> I noticed this is also reported on Sourceforge's bugtracker at:
>
> 	https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=397597&aid=1250191&group_id=29880
>
> where they check if the process has already finished.
>
> This would fix similar problems with check_dig and probably other checks,
> where you get warning messages as well, like:
>
> 	DNS WARNING - 0.008 seconds response time (servername. 600 IN A 1.2.3.4)|time=0.008382s;;;0.000000
>
> This is a pretty urgent bug imo, warranting a new release ?

i'm not sure that annoyance == urgency.  we're currently (albeit
slowly) in the process of making the popen/spopen calls obsolete
by way of a much more safe/efficient/clean architecture, but this
particular patch is small and straightforward enough that i'll go ahead
and commit it to head and we can decide later whether it warrants a new
1.4 series release.

	sean