[Nagiosplug-devel] plugin help

Ton Voon ton.voon at altinity.com
Mon Sep 12 01:06:24 CEST 2005

Aditya,

NRPE: Unable to read output usually means that something was written
to stderr and nothing to stdout when using check_nrpe. You should
check that you can run your script as the nagios user on the target
system, then try using check_nrpe from the nagios server as the
nagios user. Only after these both work can you try from the Nagios
daemon itself.

I've seen situations where the #! interpreter was not executable by
the nagios user on the target system would cause this problem.

Ton

On 9 Sep 2005, at 14:49, Aditya Ivaturi wrote:

> Well the if condition is not the problem I think, because when I
> execute it on command line I get exactly the result I was
> expecting. For e.g. this is one of the outputs:
>
> OK: 12 Users Online | UsersOnline=12;0;0;
>
> Where in fact there were only 12 users users using that system at
> that point. As far as permissions are concerned, I checked them and
> they all seem to be fine - owned by nagios and 755.
>
> --Turi
>
> Lynne.G.Lawrence at uscg.mil wrote on 09/09/2005 08:35:36 AM:
>
> > Perhaps your initial if statement is failing?  I suggest that you
> > add an else{} clause to the initial if{} regex match; put out some
> > message and exit $ERRORS{UNKNOWN} for no match.  Other than that,
> > maybe check the file permissions to ensure that it is executable by
> > the nagios user.
> >
> > Hope this helps,
> >
> > Lynne Lawrence
> > QSS/USCG

http://www.altinity.com
T: +44 (0)870 787 9243
F: +44 (0)845 280 1725
Skype: tonvoon

The contents of this email and any files transmitted with it are
confidential and intended solely for the use of the individuals to
whom it
is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient or have received
this
e-mail in error please notify the sender and destroy this e-mail
immediately. Any unauthorised copying, disclosure or distribution of the
material in this e-mail is strictly prohibited.