[Nagiosplug-devel] include Andreas Ericsson patch in the nagios plugins

Ton Voon ton.voon at altinity.com
Tue Sep 20 13:41:26 CEST 2005

On 20 Sep 2005, at 17:54, Benoit Mortier wrote:

> i was looking at andreas Ericsson fork of the plugins and i wanted
> to put
> most of it's changed in the official nagios plugins.
>
> Could i do that, does someone disagree ?

Benoit,

As long as any particular patch does not go against the aims of the
project, I'm happy for you to apply. I leave the decision to you. If
you are unsure, we can discuss in this mailing list.

My preference would be for fixes first - before any enhancements -
especially if there is an outstanding bug listed in SF.

Make sure Andreas' changes are credited in the change log.

In terms of code breakage, I've been chatting offline with Peter Bray
about setting up a Tinderbox server to run weekly builds and tests of
the plugins. I think we need something like that, especially since
the plugins are using such a diverse set of libraries, on a large set
of OSes. This should give a confidence factor when major changes are
made that we haven't broken anything.

Ton

http://www.altinity.com
T: +44 (0)870 787 9243