[Nagiosplug-devel] [ nagiosplug-Bugs-1296296 ] check_nwstat does not return correct values since 1.4

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Wed Sep 21 03:31:04 CEST 2005

Bugs item #1296296, was opened at 2005-09-20 12:21
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by tonvoon
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=397597&aid=1296296&group_id=29880

not just the latest update.
Category: General plugin execution
Group: Release (specify)

Initial Comment:
check_nwstat seems to be majorly broken since 1.4
returning only the default initialised value of the
variable requested instead of the actual value. The
plugin with version 1.3.1 works correctly.
I've tried the most recent version (1.4.2) and it still
exhibits the same behaviour:

support:~#
/usr/local/src/nagios-plugins-1.4.2/plugins/check_nwstat
-p 9999 -o -H server -v "ABENDS" -c 1 -o
NetWare 5.60.5: 0 abended threads
support:~#
/usr/local/src/nagios-plugins-1.3.1/plugins/check_nwstat
-p 9999 -o -H server -v "ABENDS" -c 1 -o
NetWare 5.60.5: 1 abended threads

support:~#
/usr/local/src/nagios-plugins-1.4.2/plugins/check_nwstat
-p 9999 -o -H server -v "LOAD5" -w 70 -c 90
NetWare 5.60.5: Load OK - Up , 5-min load average = 0%
support:~#
/usr/local/src/nagios-plugins-1.3.1/plugins/check_nwstat
-p 9999 -o -H server -v "LOAD5" -w 70 -c 90
NetWare 5.60.5: Load problem - Up 48 days 1 hours 49
minutes, 5-min load average = 74%

A packet trace is attached showing that the plugin
connects to the service and requests the Netware
Version, then when it re-uses the same socket for the
variable requested it sends the request but immediately
closes the connection without waiting for a response
from mrtgext.

I might be able to set up an accessable netware server
to test this plugin if this is necessary but that would
take a day or two to setup.