[Nagiosplug-devel] include Andreas Ericsson patch in the nagios plugins

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Wed Sep 21 12:24:11 CEST 2005

sean finney wrote:
> hi benoit,
>
> On Tue, Sep 20, 2005 at 06:54:06PM +0200, Benoit Mortier wrote:
>
>>i was looking at andreas Ericsson fork of the plugins and i wanted to put
>>most of it's changed in the official nagios plugins.
>>
>>Could i do that, does someone disagree ?
>

> andreas and i were supposed to manage brining in this code (primarily
> the runcmd framework), but i haven't heard from him in some time.  granted
> i haven't exactly been banging down his door either :)
>
> andreas: what do you say we get things moving on this?

I'm all for it, but I haven't quite managed to get rid of all the
asprintf()'s and stuff like that yet, and I'm currently implementing an
argument evaluation thingie which will make translations a lot easier
and the code a lot leaner.

Also, I'm facing a rather nasty build-bug with some older systems (AIX,
notably) which fails because rpl_realloc() isn't built in the library
but required in some files.

The current official distro has that last problem too, btw, although
1.3.1 doesn't.

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se
Lead Developer