[Nagiosplug-devel] How to write Expect plugin

Horvath Tamas zsitfa at t-online.hu
Thu Aug 31 19:05:46 CEST 2006

Hi!

I wrote an expect script which can check checksum changes of Cisco PIX
firewalls' startup config.

It works from command line when I start it as user nagios.

But it does not work from Nagios.

I tried to solve this issue and to this evening I realized that the trouble
is that the script has no "controlling terminal". It starts to spawn ssh to
PIX. But it does not see any output, just an eof. And it cannot write to
standard output (Nagios says "No output").

Its behavior is the same, when I start it from the command line IN THE
BACKGROUND.

Can anyone has an idea how to give itt he terminal?

Thanks in advance, Tamas