[Nagiosplug-devel] ircbot :-)

David Ramsden,,, david at hexstream.co.uk
Thu Aug 31 20:11:28 CEST 2006

On Thu, Aug 31, 2006 at 08:01:44PM +0200, sean finney wrote:
> hi folkert,
>
> On Thu, 2006-08-31 at 19:40 +0200, Folkert van Heusden wrote:
> > Could not resist: I wrote an IRC bot that announces the Nagios status in
> > an IRC channel :-)
> > http://www.vanheusden.com/nagircbot/
>
> if you're interested, i did something similar a while back for the
> debian project admins which also does a few interactive irc commands.
> imagintively it's named "nagbot" :)

I've written a MSN Messenger bot for Nagios from the ground up. It's
written in Perl, naturally :-)

It  uses the Nagios contacts to work out who is "subscribed" to MSN
Messenger alerts. It currently implements the MSNP9 protocol and to be
honest, will probably stay that way until MSN drop support for it. More
recent versions of the Messenger protocol use SOAP and last time I
looked the documentation wasn't great on how to implement it.

I'd consider my work alpha at the moment as it does have a few
problems and the code isn't very clean. It was more of a proof of
concept.. but it does work :-)

When I get 5 minutes, I'll make what I've done so far available in case
anyone wants to carry it on or make any improvements (lots of
improvements to be had!).

Regards,
David.
--
 .''`.     David Ramsden <david_at_hexstream.co.uk>
: :'  :    http://david.hexstream.co.uk/