[Nagiosplug-devel] RFC: Nagios 3 and Embedded Perl Plugins

Ton Voon ton.voon at altinity.com
Fri Dec 22 10:05:35 CET 2006

On 21 Dec 2006, at 23:39, Ethan Galstad wrote:

> I like Tobias' suggestion as well.
>
> As far as flexible location, that could be arranged.  Limiting its
> location the the beginning X lines of the plugin would be far easier
> that figuring out how many lines the plugin has and working backwards.
> In order to reduce overhead/increase speed of detection the
> keywords, I
> would suggest we limit the possible location to the first 100 lines or
> less.
>
> Ton, Benoit, others... does this sound okay?

Sorry, I've stayed quiet on this because I don't use epn, so don't
necessarily understand the issues. I know Gavin Carr uses epn, but
I'm not sure who else currently on the plugin team.

My British penny (just less than two cents) says: vim style comments;
limit macro to first 10 lines. Maybe you could cache the plugin name
(keyed on file location?) so that you don't need to keep re-reading
the plugin?

Ton

http://www.altinity.com
T: +44 (0)870 787 9243