[Nagiosplug-devel] check_ping and check_icmp confusion

Ton Voon ton.voon at altinity.com
Thu Feb 23 10:43:08 CET 2006

On 23 Feb 2006, at 09:39, sean finney wrote:

>> I made an effort to make command-line options identical with both
>> check_ping and check_fping, so it should be no extra work at all. If
>> there is, let me know and I'll fix it up.
>
> cool.  if there are no objections, i'll see what i can do this
> weekend.

Sorry, I sent my email re: keeping check_ping while on a train, so I
didn't realise this issue was exploding until I reconnected and my
email already flew out.

I still say to keep both check_ping and check_icmp because the fact
you still have ideas on how to secure it means that there's still
work to be done on check_icmp.

I'm happy to promote the use of check_icmp more (ideas?), but the
dropping of check_ping should be in a more significant release at a
later date.

Ton

http://www.altinity.com
T: +44 (0)870 787 9243