[Nagiosplug-devel] Plugin support for direct piping to NSCA?

Per Thomsen pthomsen at reedtz.com
Mon Jan 16 01:40:01 CET 2006

Hi,
I'm writing a few plugins that should be run locally. I'm checking hosts
that are behind other people's firewalls, so I am using NSCA.

I would like to publish my plugins, when they're working properly. Since
I'm using nsca, I have added an option '-N' (or '--nsca'), which changes
the output of the plugin to something that can be piped directly into
'send_nsca'.

Is this a desirable way to do this, or do most people make use of a
wrapper script? Should I remove this option when publishing the plugins?

Additionally, when the plugin is used with 'send_nsca', I require two
more parameters to be passed to the plugin:

-H (--hostname=s), the host_name parameter in the service and host
definitions.
-S (--servicedesc=s), the service_description parameter in the service
definition.

Thanks,
Per

--
Per Reedtz Thomsen | Reedtz Consulting, LLC | F: 209 883 4119
V: 209 883 4102    |   pthomsen at reedtz.com  | C: 209 996 9561