[Nagiosplug-devel] Nagios::Plugin perl modules

Ton Voon ton.voon at altinity.com
Thu Jun 8 14:54:11 CEST 2006

Hi!

Just to let you know I've uploaded a set of perl modules to CPAN
called Nagios::Plugin. It is my implementation of the dev guidelines
for Perl plugins. Should be available at http://search.cpan.org soon.

It is still experimental (my main use at the moment is to get
performance data into nagiosgraph), but I think I'm got most of the
infrastructure in place so that it can be used for check plugins.

With this, we should be able to combine it with the wealth of
functionality in CPAN to get some interesting plugins. For example,
I'd love to see:
   - check_dbi_query, modelled after check_mysql_query where you can
enter an arbitrary SQL string and check against thresholds
   - check_resolver, using perl's DNS routines to re-implement
check_dns/check_dig

I'm sure you all have some other ideas!

The code is our SF code repository under a new CVS module called
Nagios-Plugin (to respect the perl module naming convention). All
developers in the team should have access to this module.

I'm not proclaiming to be the best designer of perl modules, so I'll
be interested to hear any comments on what can be improved. If you
have patches against the module, I'd love you to include testcases as
there are currently 125 unit tests run.

Ton

http://www.altinity.com
T: +44 (0)870 787 9243