[Nagiosplug-devel] some addition to nagios I'm working on

william(at)elan.net william at elan.net
Thu Jun 15 23:28:36 CEST 2006

I'm working on some additions to nagios code as part of my current
project (actually most of it is already done). If you'd like to see
any/all of this submitted as patches for inclusion in your main
code, let me know:

1. Addition of extinfo structures for hostgroup and servicegroup
    (mostly duplicated structures & supporting code for service_extinfo),
    the config for them are [not surprisingly] hostgroupextinfo and
    servicegroupextinfo. I only need to use hostgroupextinfo myself
    so servicegroupextinfo code will not be well tested.
2. Additional target_frame field in all extinfo structures and in
    their config file that as you could guess is to be used to
    overwrite default "target=_blank" when using extinfo urls.
3. Support for having multiple hostextinfo and serviceextinfo for
    the same host/service. This would result is more then one icon
    being displayed (makes having both notes_url and action_url
    kind-of useless, but oh well...). This is probably more
    controverseal extinfo addition then the above as it changes
    expected error-condition behavior.
4. New status types "HOST_DISABLED" and "SERVICE_DISABLED" that
    with status.cgi shows up as separate field in status totals
    and not counted in "All problems". This status is actived
    when you manually disable active checks, i.e. expect it to be
    down for considerle period or it maybe service that was not
    up in the first place (i.e. same services specified for hostgroup
    and not every host has all of them). For my scenario I wrote it
    so that disabling host would automaticly cause all services for
    it to be seen as disabled (even if you did not actually disable
    them), many of you probably dont want that. BTW - this addition
    I've had in my production nagios for several months now and have
    been backporting patch from 2.1 to 2.2 and now 2.3 code. This
    likely even more controversial then all extinfo changes...

Note that most of my current code additions are done like:
#ifdef SUPPORT_DISABLE_STATUS
  ..code
#iendif // SUPPORT_DISABLE_STATUS
For real patches to main code you probably want those ifdef gone
but possibly they could be converted to regular 'if' checking
that particular configuration is activated.

--
William Leibzon
Elan Networks
william at elan.net