[Nagiosplug-devel] [ nagiosplug-Feature Requests-1509752 ] check_mysql.c improvements to support MySQL5

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Wed Jun 21 09:13:58 CEST 2006

Feature Requests item #1509752, was opened at 2006-06-21 09:13
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=397600&aid=1509752&group_id=29880

not just the latest update.
Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
I have noted check_mysql.c file included in
nagios-plugins is very old, over 1999, and does not
support correctly new MySQL5. It uses some deprecated
procedures, so I have modified the code to make it work
with an MySQL5 DB Server. Also, I have added new
parameters to tell what DB you want to connect to and
the mysql listening port. Checked with Nagios 2.4, new
script works out of the box. Fell free to use it in
upcoming nagios-plugins versions.

Example configuration:

In 'checkcommands.cfg' you have to add:

# 'check_mysql' command definition
define command{
        command_name    check_mysql
        command_line    $USER1$/contrib/check_mysql
$HOSTADDRESS$ $ARG1$ $ARG2$ $ARG3$ $ARG4$
        }

And at least one service check on 'services.cfg' like
this one:

define service{
        ; Name of service template to use

       host_name                       MyHostname
       service_description             MYSQL
       is_volatile                     0
       check_period                    24x7
       max_check_attempts              3
       normal_check_interval           3
       retry_check_interval            1
       contact_groups                  administrators
       notification_interval           120
       notification_period             24x7
       notification_options            w,u,c,r
       check_command
check_mysql!mysqluser!password!mysqlbd!3306
       }