[Nagiosplug-devel] max_attempts, max_check_attempts & notify_recovery

Terry Speirs terrybb at paradise.net.nz
Thu Jun 22 04:01:46 CEST 2006

Hi list

Sorry if the my last post didn't come through correctly.

I've read the Nagios 2.0 documentation PDF, and I can't understand
 some things about max_attempts, max_check_attempts, and notify_recovery.
  My questions are:

1. What's the difference between max_attempts and max_check_attempts?

2. I see both max_attempts and max_check_attempts mentioned many
 times in the documentation, and there are 2 paragraphs which specificall
y define max_check_attempts, but no such specific paragraphs for
 max_attempts.  Why could this be?

3. I see max_attempts and notify_recovery specified in the check_log
 plugin (and it's newer versions - check_log2 and check_log3).
 Why will Nagios not start when I try to put "max_attempts 1" into
 my service definition?

3. Why will Nagios not start when I try to put "notify_recovery
 0" into my service definition?

Can anyone help me, please?

Thanks.

- Terry Speirs (Terry)