[Nagiosplug-devel] [ nagiosplug-Bugs-1446016 ] check_jabber forces SSL

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Mon Mar 13 09:54:05 CET 2006

Bugs item #1446016, was opened at 2006-03-08 18:40
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by seanius
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=397597&aid=1446016&group_id=29880

not just the latest update.
Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
Hi,

if check_tcp is called as check_jabber it forces the
SSL flag to be set and thus fails to check jabber
daemons without SSL.

There are reasons to use jabber without SSL, e.g. when
client certificates are required. Since jabberd does
not support this feature, it must be used with stunnel.

Since check_tcp does not support client certificates,
it must check the unencrypted port directly, which is
impossible due to the SSL enforcement.

regards
Hadmut