[Nagiosplug-devel] libtool

Ton Voon ton.voon at altinity.com
Thu Mar 16 09:41:01 CET 2006

On 7 Mar 2006, at 09:18, Ton Voon wrote:

> Has anyone got any experience of using libtool? In CVS, I'm trying
> to get a testing executable to link against the tap library (if
> configure sees it is installed), but the tap library installs
> differently on my MacOSX (as a shared dynamic library) from my
> Debian box (as a archive).

I didn't get any response about the use of libtool, so I've spent a
bit of time and got it working. It has also removed the -R/lib
warnings during linking.

I've just made a commit to CVS and this means that there is now a
requirement for GNU libtool (I've been using 1.5.6) for the developer
platform (I've also found that the generated ./configure will choke
about cc1plus, so g++ needs to be installed - this is a bug in the
autoconf for libtool. Maybe a later version of libtool fixes this?).

However, there shouldn't be any extra user dependencies. The C tests
for utils works well now.

Let me know if anything else drops out of this change.

Ton

http://www.altinity.com
T: +44 (0)870 787 9243
F: +44 (0)845 280 1725