[Nagiosplug-devel] [ nagiosplug-Bugs-1359414 ] 64bits support for mysql

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Tue Mar 21 09:30:50 CET 2006

Bugs item #1359414, was opened at 2005-11-18 01:58
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by tonvoon
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=397597&aid=1359414&group_id=29880

not just the latest update.
Category: Compilation
Group: Release (specify)

Initial Comment:
nagios-plugins 1.4.2 (and current CVS HEAD as well)
don't build the check_mysql plugin for a x86_64 bits arch.

on my system (centos 4.2 on a x86_64), the mysql
library is located (like most of the libs) in
/usr/lib64/mysql and not anymore in /usr/lib

For this situation I used a quick hack (see attached
patch) to call mysql_config and use it to get the mysql
lib and include path on any linux system...

I'm sure the hack is not portable enough since I
removed most of the tests trusting the result of the
mysql_config call....

But the intention is to, if mysql_config exists, use
it, and if not, fallback on the usual tests.