[Nagiosplug-devel] check_udp

Ton Voon ton.voon at altinity.com
Thu Mar 23 02:50:02 CET 2006

I'm stumped!

I'm trying to get check_udp to work, but I'm admitting defeat. Can
anyone else take a shot at fixing it? I want the plugins/t/
check_udp.t tests to pass (the tests maybe incorrect) before I
release 1.4.3.

It looks like there is support for udp in check_tcp, although plugins/
Makefile.am currently compiles check_udp.c. I can't see a reason to
keep check_udp.c unless it makes check_tcp.c much more complicated.
I've rm check_udp and run ln -s check_tcp check_udp to use the
check_tcp version.

Since udp is connectionless, a check_udp -H hostname -p port is
useless - it will always return OK. Will need the send and receive to
work in order to prove that data is being sent and responded to.
However, it looks like the send and receive functions do not
currently work. It seems that you cannot use the send function, so
you have to use the sendto function. However, I'm having trouble
setting up the hostname and socket and how it should interact with
np_net_connect.

Anyone willing to take a look at this? Please reply to list or
offline if you are.

Ton

http://www.altinity.com
T: +44 (0)870 787 9243