[Nagiosplug-devel] check_udp

Ton Voon ton.voon at altinity.com
Thu Mar 23 06:33:02 CET 2006

On 23 Mar 2006, at 14:21, Andreas Ericsson wrote:

> Ton Voon wrote:
>>   ln -s check_tcp check_udp
>>   ./check_udp -H localhost -p 3333     # will always return OK.
>> Is  this right?
>
> No.

Way hey! Tests (even manual ones) do work then!

Do you have a patch, since you're much cleverer than me when it comes
to udp stuff.

>>   ./check_udp -H 10.10.10.10 -p 3333   # will always return OK.
>> Is  this right if the host does not exist?
>
> No, it will not. If there's no route to the target host connect()
> will return -1 and set errno to ENOROUTE, which I expect will be
> detected.

This is currently returning OK, so that must be a bug. Could you
patch please?

What about if the ip is routable (say, in the same subnet), but not
actually responding. Would you expect this to fail?

Ton

http://www.altinity.com
T: +44 (0)870 787 9243
F: +44 (0)845 280 1725