[Nagiosplug-devel] check_udp

Ton Voon ton.voon at altinity.com
Fri Mar 24 02:21:45 CET 2006

On 23 Mar 2006, at 23:29, sean finney wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 23, 2006 at 03:46:01PM -0500, sean finney wrote:
>> or something might trigger a response, but i think it would be
>> better (cleaner and more appropriate) to just have check_udp
>> complain and die if it has nothing to send/receive.
>
> attached is a patch to check_tcp that does what i just described.
> i haven't comitted it only because it's not clear that there
> was an agreement on the matter.

The patch looks good, and makes more sense to me now. Out of
interest, are there any udp services that would give a response on a
connect without the client sending some data?

I've written some tests which check the incoming parameters and uses
nc to setup a test to read the sending data. I can't find a way to
test the expected data, so any ideas appreciated. Tests should pass
on for this plugin now, which keeps me happy.

I'm trying to commit my changes but SF cvs seems to be out at the
moment.

> but in any case i think we can safely discard check_udp.c, right?

I'm keen on dropping it, but I've also just realised that there is a
check_udp2 which links to check_tcp. Should we be cautious or or drop
check_udp.c, deleting check_udp2 and putting a suitable statement
in ./CHANGES?

Ton

http://www.altinity.com
T: +44 (0)870 787 9243