[Nagiosplug-devel] check_dhcp / rogue dhcp server detection

Matthew Wilson mwilson at uindy.edu
Wed May 10 11:48:02 CEST 2006

Has anyone given any thought to adding a flag to check_dhcp, so that
when IPs are returned, the specified servers are the ONLY servers that
can respond.  Currently, check_dhcp makes sure that each server in the
list responds, but what if there's an additional dhcp server that
responds?  This might be an effective way to actively monitor for rogue
dhcp servers on your network.

I was considering having a stab at it myself, but I'd rather not if
someone's already implemented it (not to mention my C skills are rather
lacking).

Thanks!
Matthew