[Nagiosplug-devel] nagiosplug contrib section

Ton Voon ton.voon at altinity.com
Thu May 11 02:14:02 CEST 2006

Hi Chris,

The intention is that the contrib directory will be removed.
Nagiosexchange is the official area for third party repositories. We
just haven't gone through the work of removing all contributed plugins.

I understand this must cause confusion. Can you drop me an email
offline re: which plugins you want removed and we'll take them out of
the distribution.

I think my work will be:
   - mark a notice in the README of the dist that the contrib area
will be removed in a future release and to reference nagiosexchange
   - drop an email to all developers of each contrib plugin to say
that they should post to nagiosexchange
   - close any SF trackers re: contrib plugins

Would this be sufficient?

Ton

On 11 May 2006, at 07:22, Christoph Maser wrote:

> Hello,
>
> i wonder what happens to modules in the contrib-dir of nagiosplug.
> One of my plugins is in
> there and i currently update it a bit. So shall i post my updates
> somewhere except
> nagiosexchange.org? Also there is a patch in the patchtracker of
> nagiosplug for this
> plugin unassigned since december 05, what will happen to it?
> Would't it be best to kill of
> the contrib in nagiosplug and let it all happen elswhere
> (nagiosexchange)?
>
> Chris

http://www.altinity.com
T: +44 (0)870 787 9243