[Nagiosplug-devel] RFC: check_disk trying to be clever re: mountpoints

Ton Voon ton.voon at altinity.com
Thu May 18 06:33:10 CEST 2006

Hi!

Wanted an opinion on check_disk. maemigh raised a tracker where
check_disk was unexpectedly excluding the root filesystem: http://
sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?
func=detail&aid=1485816&group_id=29880&atid=397597

It seems to me that the problem is in the walk_name_list function,
where it is trying to be clever about which filesystems actually
needs to be checked. This is to support "check_disk -p /etc" so that
this returns data for /.

Given that check_disk is a sysadmin tool and not a user tool, I think
"check_disk -p /non/existent/filesystem" should only match exact
filesystem names. However, this may break current usage of check_disk.

Any opinions?

Ton

http://www.altinity.com
T: +44 (0)870 787 9243