[Nagiosplug-devel] ssh multiple command mode doesn't work. (was bogus: Nagiosplug-devel Digest, Vol 6, Issue 24)

John P. Rouillard rouilj at cs.umb.edu
Tue Nov 28 21:53:43 CET 2006

In message <f6794af30611280213pc95a8e4jce51e783e21f3650 at mail.gmail.com>,
"Santhosh Injineri" writes:
>I am having problem with *check_by*_ssh binary .... I am running following
>command

Please put a descriptive subject on your emails. I almost skipped this
because of the useless original subject line.

>./check_by_ssh -H localhost -n lh -s c1:c2:c3 -C uptime -C uptime -C uptime
>-O /home/santosh/temp.sh
>
>output is : Memory fault(coredump)
>
>Its dumping core .....Any configuration setup needs to be done???? Please
>help me in this regard

As far as I can tell the multiple checks in a single ssh invcation
doesn't work and hasn't for a few releases (1.4.0 was broke too
IIRC). I have sent a few emails to that effect myself to see if
anybody could prove otherwise.

I haven't had much time to sit down with a debugger and look into it,
but as I remeber my first attempt at looking at it was "this can't
possibly work". It's a pity because it would be a great feature (and
scalability win) if it did work.

				-- rouilj
John Rouillard