[Nagiosplug-devel] submitting my plugin, check_sip

Ton Voon ton.voon at altinity.com
Mon Oct 2 13:51:15 CEST 2006

On 30 Sep 2006, at 00:41, O'Shaughnessy Evans wrote:

> Hi, folks.  Some time back, I wrote a plugin to test SIP service (Jan
> 2005, if my RCS history is accuate).  I've been using it for some time
> and I figured it was about time that I offered it to the rest of the
> Nagios community.  I saw on voip-info.org that somebody else also has
> a check_sip plugin, but I didn't find it in the nagios-plugins tarball
> so I hope I'm not stepping on anybody's toes by offering my own for
> inclusion with the nagios-plugins distribution.
>
> Before I post it to the list, I'd like to know the preferred method of
> doing so.  Should I include a README file with it and put them both in
> a .tar.gz, then MIME-attach it?  Simply attach the script and any
> other
> docs as their own attachments?  Post a URL for download and peer
> review?
> How would you prefer to see the code?

Shaug,

Thanks for the plugin, and wanting to share it.

We're not accepting new plugins at the moment for inclusion into the
distribution. Can you post it onto NagiosExchange? http://
nagiosexchange.org. This is the official 3rd party repository, so
users will find it there.

Ton

http://www.altinity.com
T: +44 (0)870 787 9243