[Nagiosplug-devel] [RFC] Plugins config file

sean finney seanius at seanius.net
Wed Oct 18 16:33:48 CEST 2006

hey ton,

On Wed, 2006-10-18 at 15:03 +0100, Ton Voon wrote:
> On 18 Oct 2006, at 14:27, sean finney wrote:
>
> > however, if we are going this route, it might be worth discussing if
> > we
> >
> > can migrate/consolidate/remove the utils.pm settings as well.

> Which settings do you mean?

i would say as much as possible :)  one of the biggest pains
(historically) with managing installation of the plugins is getting them
to find the utils.pm in the right place (i.e. the susbt script).

i've also always felt that some of the information in these files really
ought to be treated more as configuration options as opposed to library
settings.  for example $PATH_TO_FOO is something that the local admin
might want to change.

so if most of the utils.pm functions are going into Nagios::Plugin, my
thinking was that the other stuff could be incorporated into this
scheme.

	sean