[Nagiosplug-devel] [RFC] Plugins config file

John P. Rouillard rouilj at cs.umb.edu
Wed Oct 18 17:43:39 CEST 2006

In message <18DC322F-72B5-479F-95CC-465FDBACFF3E at altinity.com>,
Ton Voon writes:
>I never saw the point of $PATH_TO_FOO variables. I would just call
>system() without the full path, no?

Well if you use system() it searches on the path of the nagios daemon
as started from init. Usually it has a few key directories on it but
not all. I know I had to install a new ntp installation to get a
working ntp that would not have been on the default path

>Otherwise, if we have this ini configuration file, we could have a
>stanza like:
>
>[main]
>path_to_rpcinfo=/usr/sbin/rpcinfo
>path_to_lmstat=
>path_to_smbclient=/usr/bin/smbclient
>path_to_mailq=/usr/bin/mailq
>path_to_qmail_qstat=
>
>Values added by configure, of course.
>
>I've just thought, if this ini file is created by the nagios-
>plugins ./configure, how does Nagios::Plugin know where it resides?
>Would it have to check various possible locations?

Ah yes, the "Hello chicken met egg" problem.

				-- rouilj
John Rouillard