[Nagiosplug-devel] Troubles with Check_mem.pl

lewis at wsc.com lewis at wsc.com
Wed Sep 13 16:51:11 CEST 2006

On Red Hat AS 3 systems, with perl 5.8.0 the check_mem.pl script is an
unreliable indicator of the remaining memory.  I've had cases where it
reports a problem where none exists, or fails to report a problem where
memory is critically low.

I'm not an experienced perl programmer, but I swapped in some code to
use top, instead of vmstat, and then to deal with the output from that
operation.  I think it works better.

A patch file is attached.  The original work is GPL'ed so these
derivative modifications are as well, if anyone cares to use this
change.

I'd be happy to hear why this change *won't* work, by the way.

Be well,

Karl

Karl W. Lewis

Wall Street Concepts