[Nagiosplug-devel] check_disk_smb Max Connections patch

Hari Sekhon harisekhon at gmail.com
Wed Sep 20 12:44:10 CEST 2006

I was getting an annoying error with check_disk_smb saying that the
output from smbclient was not suitable but I know this was occurring
because the Windows machine had reached it's connection limit
(workstation limited to 10 windows connections).

So I had a look at the check_disk_smb script wrapper for smbclient and
decided that I could add this condition. I downloaded the most recent
version I could find ( nagios-plugins-HEAD-200609192352 ) and made the
patch for that version where it is called check_disk_smb.pl in the
hopes of making it easier for you devs to accept.

The patch is attached. I now get the message

"Max Number of Connections Reached. Request refused"

for the status result NT_STATUS_REQUEST_NOT_ACCEPTED, which is nicer
since it tells you what the problem is in Nagios alerts.

I am using this successfully at the moment on an older version but
I've re-made the patch for the new version for you guys.

I'd also like to take this opportunity to apologise if this is not to
your standards, I am not a perl programmer, I read some perl but don't
code it professionally... yet. All suggestions welcome if I need
improvement in any way.

ps. thanks for the good work so far!

-h

--