[Nagiosplug-devel] Flight 1.4.8, ready for boarding

Holger Weiss holger at CIS.FU-Berlin.DE
Tue Apr 3 03:52:22 CEST 2007

* Thomas Guyot-Sionnest <dermoth at aei.ca> [2007-04-02 01:10]:
> On 31/03/07 02:53 PM, Holger Weiss wrote:
> > The memcpy(3) following the realloc(3) call writes out of bounds as soon
> > as peer_offset is >0.  I committed the following patch: [...]
> >
> > Could you test whether this fixes the problem for you?
>
> Well, strangely I couldn't reproduce the problem. What's even stranger
> is that I haven't recompiled anything since then. Thanks for fixing
> whatever was wrong there though :)

JFTR, this fix is only relevant if the READSTAT do/while() loop in
jitter_request() is executed more than once (in which case peer_offset
is >0).  While this usually won't happen (so that the problem wasn't
easily reproducible), my guess is that it did happen in your case.

Holger

--
PGP fingerprint:  F1F0 9071 8084 A426 DD59  9839 59D3 F3A1 B8B5 D3DE