[Nagiosplug-devel] check_ntp (Was: Flight 1.4.8, ready for boarding)

Holger Weiss holger at CIS.FU-Berlin.DE
Thu Apr 5 19:20:05 CEST 2007

* sean finney <seanius at seanius.net> [2007-04-05 19:09]:
> On Thu, 2007-04-05 at 09:29 -0400, Thomas Guyot-Sionnest wrote:
> > Yes, but I felt is was much safer to just try with jitter, then try
> > dispersion if jitter doesn't work. There's many different version/forks
> > of net daemons out there and it would be really difficult to behave
> > correctly on all of them.
>
> seems reasonable.  but i wonder whether thresholds for checking jitter
> are practical for checking dispersion and vice versa.

Probably not.  So, if a server which returns the dispersion but not the
jitter is checked, users might have to specify higher thresholds.  So
what?

Holger

--
PGP fingerprint:  F1F0 9071 8084 A426 DD59  9839 59D3 F3A1 B8B5 D3DE