[Nagiosplug-devel] [Nagiosplug-checkins] nagiosplug/plugins check_by_ssh.c, 1.41, 1.42

Holger Weiss holger at CIS.FU-Berlin.DE
Wed Apr 18 21:31:57 CEST 2007

* Andreas Ericsson <ae at op5.se> [2007-04-18 17:46]:
> Holger Weiss wrote:
> > * Andreas Ericsson <ae at op5.se> [2007-04-17 15:24]:
> >> Why not just keep "--skiplines" as-is, and introduce --skip-stderr and
> >> --skip-stdout, which would solve the same problem in a more intuitive way,
> >> not break backwards-compatibility *and* provide a finer granularity.
> >>
> >> When specified without options, they should skip ALL output on the targeted
> >> fd.
> >
> > Hmm, really skip _all_ output in case of "--skip-stdout" and print
> > nothing?  Or print just the last line?  Or print a line generated by
> > check_by_ssh?
>
> Skip all of it. If --skip-stdout and --skip-stderr is used together cook up
> some message ("check_by_ssh: remote command '<command_name'> exited
> (un)successfully) and let it be at that.

I've added a message which is printed if no (non-skipped) stdout/stderr
output is available, regardless of whether/which "--skip*" options have
been specified.

Thanks again, Holger

--
PGP fingerprint:  F1F0 9071 8084 A426 DD59  9839 59D3 F3A1 B8B5 D3DE