[Nagiosplug-devel] Plugin output format

Holger Weiss holger at CIS.FU-Berlin.DE
Thu Aug 2 16:41:54 CEST 2007

* Matthias Eble <matthias.eble at mailing.kaufland-informationssysteme.com> [2007-08-02 14:52]:
> I havn't had enough time to read your post carefully, but to me it would
> be great if Nagios::Plugin and the c utils would work in a similar way.

I fully agree.  And IMO it would definitely be nice if the ./configure
options I proposed would be supported by all our plugins (C, Perl, and
possibly Shell).  I can't promise that I'll get around to looking into
that anytime soon, so if someone else is interested in this, that would
be perfect.  If not, I'd add it to my TODO list.

> I haven't been able to find a verbose function in N::P up to now.

I'm not aware of one, either.  Would probably be nice to have some
equivalent method in N::P.

> The messages functions seem to be neat.

You mean N::P's add_message() and check_messages() and the question is
whether similar functions should be added to the C library?

Holger

--
PGP fingerprint:  F1F0 9071 8084 A426 DD59  9839 59D3 F3A1 B8B5 D3DE