[Nagiosplug-devel] Preparation for release 1.4.11

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Tue Dec 11 15:29:36 CET 2007

Thomas Guyot-Sionnest wrote:

> On 11/12/07 05:19 AM, Ton Voon wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> I'm just checking over the tinderbox builds before creating the new
>> release, and there are a couple of failures that need investigating:
>>
>> http://tinderbox.altinity.org/nagiosplug/status.html
>>
>> check_ntp errors:
>>    tests are failing on Holger's Vatikan box and tola box (forgot
>> who's that belongs to)
>
> Tests 39-42 have a bare '~' in the threshold ranges. My guess is that
> there's a small difference causing the ~ to get expanded to $HOME. I put
> a \ in front if them.
>
> Test 20 is the read function returning -1 if an ICMP port unreachable
> message came back (those are often blocked by firewalls). Fixed.
>
>> test_base64.t:
>>    My opsviewdev1 box
>>
>> I'll look into the two boxes that I own. I'm surprised that
>> test_base64 is failing given the simplicity of the test and the code.
>> Any ideas on why this is?
>>
>> Also, I think Holger mentioned that the logs were not very interesting
>> as they do not show enough detail. I'll see if there is a switch in
>> Test::Harness to dump extra information.
>
> Dumping each command ran in verbose mode would be awesome. I find myself
> often trying to reproduce what was actually run to find what certain
> tests failed.

If you're looking at reworking/improving the test-suite, sneak a peek at
what git uses. It's quite amazingly simple to add additional tests to it,
although it doesn't solve the worst issue with the plugins (environment
to test in). Oh, and it's in shell, so even us poor perl illiterate folks
can join in on the testing frenzy ;-)

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se