[Nagiosplug-devel] Preparation for release 1.4.11

Ton Voon ton.voon at altinity.com
Wed Dec 12 00:45:56 CET 2007

On 11 Dec 2007, at 13:31, Thomas Guyot-Sionnest wrote:

> Tests 39-42 have a bare '~' in the threshold ranges. My guess is that
> there's a small difference causing the ~ to get expanded to $HOME. I
> put
> a \ in front if them.

That exposes an interesting thought - perhaps using ~ as a special
character in ranges is a poor choice. Something to bear in mind when
changing range definitions....

> Dumping each command ran in verbose mode would be awesome. I find
> myself
> often trying to reproduce what was actually run to find what certain
> tests failed.

I agree. I think that it is fair that the tinderbox testing outputs in
verbose mode, though I can see that if you were manually running
tests, you don't want streams of output. I'll have a go now at
creating a new "make test-debug" macro which will dump in verbose and
use that for the tinderbox testing.

Ton

http://www.altinity.com
UK: +44 (0)870 787 9243